It is paramount to ensure the security and functionality of your Jio Fiber router. Sometimes, it becomes necessary to hit the reset button, so to speak, and start fresh. So, if you have ever wondered, “How to reset Jio Fiber router?” you are in the right spot.
In this guide, we will explore the 4 best methods to reset a Jio fiber router. At the same time, we will learn why you need to reset your Jio fiber wireless router.
If you need to reset your Jio Fiber router for any reason, you can follow the 4 simple methods below. Rest assured, all the methods are easy to understand.
Without further ado, let’s start with the first method to reset your Jio fiber router quickly and efficiently.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP Address: 192.168.29.1 in the address bar.
- Log in to the router settings.
- Look for the reset option in the settings.
- Click on the “Reset” button and hit enter to confirm.
- You are now done! Your router will be reset to its default settings.
Method 2: Through Jio.com
- Visit www.jio.com in your web browser.
- Click on the Login icon in the top right corner.
- On the next tab, select “JioFiber.”
- Enter your Service ID or registered mobile number and click on “Generate OTP.”
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Click on the “Settings” icon, then go to “My Device” and select “ONT- Advanced Settings.”
- To change the user ID for each SSID (Wifi Name), just click on it.
- To change the password, enter a new password and save the changes.
Method 3: From the MyJio App
- Open the MyJio app and select your Jio Fiber account.
- Click on the menu in the top left corner and select “Settings.”
- Under “Device Settings,” choose “My Device.” Now, wait for the Jio Fiber Router details to appear.
- Click on “Advanced Settings” in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the “Personal” section for both Jio Fiber Router 2.4 and 5 GHz, click on each SSID (Wifi Name) to change the user ID.
- To change the password, enter a new password and save it.
- First of all, make sure your Jio Fiber router is powered on and connected to power.
- Locate the small reset switch near the power button Depending on the model, there can also be an Ethernet port on your router.
- Typically, the reset switch can be found inside a small hole. Use a paper clip to press it.
- Hold the reset button for 10 to 15 seconds, and release it when the router automatically restarts.
- This process may take a few minutes to reset the Jio router to its factory defaults.
- Confirm the reset by pinging the IP address 192.168.29.1.
- Log in to the router again with the default settings.
- Finally, set it up according to your internet connection.
Please watch the following video to get a visual demonstration of this method.
For the safety and security of your network, you need to reset your Jio Fiber router occasionally. You might need to reset your router for the following reasons.
Using the default password that comes with your router is risky because it is widely known to hackers. Plus, anyone can find it on the Internet. If you stick with the default password, anyone within the signal range can access your router’s admin page.
Once hackers gain access, they can make unauthorized changes, lock your router, or even hijack your network. To prevent this, it is crucial to change the default password of your Jio fiber router.
A weak password like “123456” or your birth date won’t provide adequate protection. You should choose a strong, complex password that is difficult for others to guess.
This added security measure will make your router and Wi-Fi network much more secure. As a result, it will reduce the risk of unauthorized access and potential security breaches.
For extra security, it is better to change the SSID (Wi-Fi name) along with the password. By following the steps below, you can change the password and SSID of your Jio Fiber router.
You must confirm that your PC or laptop is connected to your Jio Fiber router.
Open a web browser. In the address bar, type: 192.168.29.1. This will take you to the router’s web configuration utility.
When prompted, enter ‘admin’ as the username. For the password, use ‘Jiocentrum’ (this is the default password).
Create a new, strong password. For example, “Myrouter@123.” Click on the ‘Save’ button to save your new password.
After changing the password, you will be automatically logged out. So, you need to log in again using your new password.
You will be taken to the router admin homepage, where you will find several options, such as:
To change the SSID (Wi-Fi name) and make other customizations, navigate to the relevant section. You can update your SSID, configure your router, and adjust security settings according to your preferences.
Yes, it is safe to reset your Jio Fiber router. However, you should be aware that resetting it will erase all the personalized settings and configurations. These include your WiFi network name, password, parental controls, and port forwarding.
If you reset your Jio Fiber router, all your customized settings will be wiped out. Your personalized Wi-Fi settings, including the Wi-Fi name and password you created, will also be deleted.
It is a good idea to restart your Jio fiber router from time to time. This is how you can have the latest software updates and resolve common internet issues.
Resetting your Jio Fiber router doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By following the above easy-to-understand instructions, you can ensure your network remains secure and reliable. So, you don’t have to wonder anymore, “How to reset Jio fiber router?” Just remember this guide and keep your router functional.